Practice Area Overview
Lawyers serving entrepreneurs and business clients since 1978.
Business and Commercial Litigation. Fenigstein & Kaufman clients rely on us to provide sophisticated business and commercial litigation advice. We successfully resolve business and commercial litigation issues in a professional yet cost-effective manner by carefully listening to our clients’ needs and taking the necessary action. Some of our main practice areas include:
- Contract, Agreement, and Licensing disputes
- Business Torts, including Unfair Competition, Unfair Business Practices, Failure to Disclose, Misrepresentation, and Fraud claims
- Class Actions
- Sexual Harassment, Sexual Discrimination, and Wrongful Termination claims
- Real Estate litigation
Real Estate Transactions. Fenigstein & Kaufman attorneys have expertise in the acquisition, financing, refinancing, leasing, and sale of commercial, office, and multi-family residential real estate properties, nursing homes, and assisted living facilities. We represent sellers, purchasers, commercial landlords and tenants, lenders, and borrowers, bringing a multi-faceted perspective and expertise to each transaction that enhances successful realization of our clients’ desired results.
For more information about our real estate transactions practice, go to our Real Estate Transactions page.
Commercial Transactions. Whether you are starting or managing a business, or acquiring or merging with another business, Fenigstein & Kaufman attorneys offer a full array of business and commercial legal advice. We bring excellent negotiation skills to a transaction tempered with a businessman’s practicality. We then document a transaction to ensure that all agreements are properly and clearly drafted and executed so that our clients’ rights are protected to the fullest extent of the law. Some of our main practice areas include:
- Business Formation--including Sole Proprietorship, Partnerships, Corporations, Limited Liability Companies (LLC), and Limited Partnerships (LP)
- Corporate and Partnership takeovers and disputes
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Employee Non-compete Agreements
- Employee Non-disclosure and Confidentiality Agreements
- Business Agreements
- Franchise Transactions
For more information about our commercial transactions practice, go to our Commercial Transactions page.
Healthcare. Fenigstein & Kaufman attorneys regularly advise hospitals and other healthcare clients on legal healthcare business issues. Some of our main practice areas include:
- Medical Staff Law, including Credentialing and Discipline
- Compliance with state and federal regulations
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA)
- Confidentiality issues
- Long Term Care